One Million Strong!
On Monday, Dec. 13th, we celebrated the production of our one millionth U.S. LED lamp. The entire team here did a really wonderful job coordinating the event, and we’d like to send a thank you to the whole Lighting Science Group family for making it possible to get this far. During the event, Senator Thad Altman, Senator Mike Haridopolos & County Commissioner Mary Bolin had some great things to say about Lighting Science Group and the hard work we’ve been doing here.
What do one million LED lamps mean? One million LSG LED lamps means over 450 jobs created in the U.S. It means 280,032,480 lbs of carbon dioxide, 933,442 lbs of sulfur dioxide, 466,721 lbs of nitrogen oxide & 6,690 grams of mercury eliminated annually. And, those first million are just the beginning… as our one millionth LED was a replacement bulb for the 60 – Watt incandescent, better known as “the energy hog.” If you were unable to view the webcast of the event yesterday, you’ll find below some media coverage as well as the video from the event.
- Millionth Lamp Celebration Video: Part 1 & Part 2
- WESH News – LED Bulb May Bring Jobs
- WFTV – Local Company Invents New Kind of Light Bulb
- Florida Today – Satellite Beach firm to sell 60-watt LED
- CNET – LEDs keep coming: 60-watt stand-in priced at $30
- Greentechmedia – Lighting Science Unveils its Incandescent Killer
- BrightEnergy – Florida firm hits one million mark for LED light bulb production
- Jetson Green – LSG Unveils $30 60-Watt Equivalent LED
- LEDs Magazine – Lighting Science Group Makes its One Millionth U.S. LED Bulb